Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ETF Spotlight

Symbol --- IAU   iShares Gold Trust

This etf seeks to mimic the price movement of gold bullion. The etf stockpiles bullion to cover the price.

Reasons why I like this ETF

Price: Today's price 17.34  This ETF is much more affordable than an ounce of gold.

Trading volume 6,469,863 shares. Means there is a ready market if and when you need to sell.

This would be a very liquid way to allocate part of a portfolio into gold without the headache of dealing with gold bars.

With that said I want to make clear that in any post on this blog, at any time, I am in no  way recommending any sort of investment to anyone. I'm simply discussing what investments I invest in or find interesting. I will not be responsible for anyone's investment results except for my own. It seems like half the time when I buy a stock it goes way down before it goes back up and makes  money. I have learned to buy even more as it continues to go down, so that I make even more money on the way up.


No comments:

Post a Comment